DesignMap is hosting a Lean UX meetup on Thursday, August 8th at 6:30pm sharp!
What is Lean UX about?
- Lean UX is about learning more, more quickly.
- Lean UX is about getting more done better for the same investment.
- Lean UX is about replacing time spent polishing your design artifacts, with time spent polishing your design.
- Lean UX is about doing research, testing your hypotheses, and building better hypotheses quickly, based on more information, based on reality.
- Read 10 Principles for Lean UX on Luxr
The intersection between Lean Thinking, Agile Development and UX is a challenging, exciting, and timely issue for a large number of practitioners in interaction design, information architecture, and related fields. Based on the earlier work of Anders Ramsay and the Agile Experience Design meetup we co-host in New York, and a highly provocative and productive Agile UX retreat in San Francisco at Cooper Design in January 2010, we couldn’t help but continue the discussion. Come share Lean UX insights, with some of the folks who put the name to the idea. Share successes and cautionary tales, and learn from peers in the field, while we learn from you, and test our own hypotheses.
Nathan Kendrick, Founding Partner of DesignMap, will present his “playbooks” and hands-on workshops that will help you get the best results for making UX part of your company’s DNA.
About The Presenter
Nathan is a founding partner of DesignMap, started in 2006. He provides the driving passion for the DesignMap team, constantly looking for ways to learn and improve.
- 6:30 – 6:45 Socializing
- 6:45 – 8:15 Main Event
- 8:15 – 8:30 Socializing
Join us for an evening of creativity and learning! Tasty food and ebullient beverages provided.